Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Helping Hands has had to implement new safety protocols. Patients with any respiratory symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath) or that have had known exposure to COVID-19 should call the Clinic at 828-754-8565 x 309. Masks required. Social distancing enforced.
Mission & Guiding Principles
Helping Hands Clinic improves the health of uninsured adults in Caldwell County who choose to engage in their health by providing access to affordable medical care and prescription medications.
- providing health care with a holistic approach
- providing access to medication therapy to improve patient health
- providing patients with the tools to utilize a medical home
- providing patients with the education for their healthcare and wellness
- teaching patients to appropriately access care in an effort to reduce Emergency Department resources, lowering overall community costsbuilding collaborations, leverages resources, and recruits volunteers to expand access to care
- advocating for the uninsured
- educating the community on the healthcare needs of the medically underserved
- sustaining a diverse funding model to meet the healthcare needs of the uninsured